1/3 Photos of Beef or Chicken Fajitas
2 hrs 21 mins
2 hrs 15 mins
This recipe came from our church cookbook. I like this recipe because I can use either chicken or beef. I have tried both and I like the chicken the best. You can leave out the crushed red pepper which is what I do if you don't like your food spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 lbs beef or 1 1/2 lbs chicken
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced green pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- sour cream
- 1Combine the first 7 ingredients to make marinade.
- 2Slice Chicken or beef into strips.
- 3Add to marinade and marinate for 2 hours.
- 4Quickly saute onions and peppers in oil until lightly browned.
- 5Remove from pan.
- 6Saute marinated meat about 4 minutes.
- 7Toss with vegetables.
- 8Spoon into flour tortillas.
- 9Serve with avocado slices and sour cream.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef or Chicken Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 832.9
- Calories from Fat 708
- Total Fat 78.6 g
- Saturated Fat 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 84.2 mg
- Sodium 220.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: