Recipe by Haileysgrndma
This recipe came from our church cookbook. I like this recipe because I can use either chicken or beef. I have tried both and I like the chicken the best. You can leave out the crushed red pepper which is what I do if you don't like your food spicy.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 7 ingredients to make marinade.
- Slice Chicken or beef into strips.
- Add to marinade and marinate for 2 hours.
- Quickly saute onions and peppers in oil until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan.
- Saute marinated meat about 4 minutes.
- Toss with vegetables.
- Spoon into flour tortillas.
- Serve with avocado slices and sour cream.