Prep2 hrs 15 mins
This recipe came from our church cookbook. I like this recipe because I can use either chicken or beef. I have tried both and I like the chicken the best. You can leave out the crushed red pepper which is what I do if you don't like your food spicy.
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken
- 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green pepper
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- sour cream
- Combine the first 7 ingredients to make marinade.
- Slice Chicken or beef into strips.
- Add to marinade and marinate for 2 hours.
- Quickly saute onions and peppers in oil until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan.
- Saute marinated meat about 4 minutes.
- Toss with vegetables.
- Spoon into flour tortillas.
- Serve with avocado slices and sour cream.
Excellent! Beef tenderloin was on sale at a rediculous rate, so I used that. Man was it good!!
I used 2 top sirloin stake and marinated for about 3 hours. Sauteed half an onion, half red bell, and 1 small yellow bell pepper with a dash of black pepper, and a dash of seasoning salt. I also used fresh lime juice instead of lemon. I grilled the steaks first and then sliced them thinly across the grain and mixed with the vegetables. We served with sliced avocado and a little bit of salsa, and cheese. It was really tasty, but I think we'll cut back on the seasoning salt next time around. I found the meat extremely salty, but thankfully once wrapped up with the other ingredients and the tortilla you couldn't taste the salt at all. Thank you for the recipe, I will definitely make it again.
Very tasty marinade. I only threw it together for 10 mins but it already had a good flavour. I added mushrooms to the veggies, increased the onion and used yellow pepper for a more mellow flavour. I used beef, but I think chicken would be better still. I'll definitely make it again!