Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A perfect lunch or light supper.
Make and share this Beef or Chicken Fajitas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups red peppers or 2 cups green bell peppers, strips
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb lean beef sirloin steaks or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 4 fajita-size flour tortillas, warmed
- sour cream
- chopped fresh cilantro
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- lime wedge
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook meat until done.
- Stir in peppers, onion and garlic.
- Add cumin, chilli powder and salt.
- Stir in salsa; heat through.
- Serve in tortillas; top with sour cream, cilantro, guacamole, cheese and a squeeze of lime juice.