Recipe by Susie T
A very warm, yummy meal of stuffed beef steaks in a delicious tomato based sauce. It does not have olives in it. It's just the way it is named. Serve with some crusty bread and seasonal vegetables.
Top Review by JustJanS
I love beef olives, and really enjoyed the tomato sauce on them for a change-I usually just seal them, cook in red wine and pour prepared demi-glace over when cooked. These were great with Parchment Potatoes, a big green salad, and crusty rolls.
- cooking spray
- 6 lean beef steaks
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing mix
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 2 (425 g) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly pound beef steaks with a rolling pin over some plastic to tenderise.
- Mix stuffing mix with water and divide between steaks.
- Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Sear the steaks with a little cooking spray.
- Remove from pan.
- Saute onions in the same pan until soft.
- Return the beef rolls and add the crushed tomatoes, red wine, herbs and sugar.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- When cooked, slice the beef olives diagonally and serve on a bed seasoned vegetables.
- Pour some of the sauce over the top and place some crusty bread smeared with olive oil and rubbed with a little garlic on the side.