Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
A very warm, yummy meal of stuffed beef steaks in a delicious tomato based sauce. It does not have olives in it. It's just the way it is named. Serve with some crusty bread and seasonal vegetables.
- Lightly pound beef steaks with a rolling pin over some plastic to tenderise.
- Mix stuffing mix with water and divide between steaks.
- Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Sear the steaks with a little cooking spray.
- Remove from pan.
- Saute onions in the same pan until soft.
- Return the beef rolls and add the crushed tomatoes, red wine, herbs and sugar.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- When cooked, slice the beef olives diagonally and serve on a bed seasoned vegetables.
- Pour some of the sauce over the top and place some crusty bread smeared with olive oil and rubbed with a little garlic on the side.
I love beef olives, and really enjoyed the tomato sauce on them for a change-I usually just seal them, cook in red wine and pour prepared demi-glace over when cooked. These were great with Parchment Potatoes, a big green salad, and crusty rolls.