Recipe by reya doucette
This is a delicious mould when spread over hot toast and butter for nutmeg lovers. A favorite Christmas recipe from my Mother's recipe book given by Lorna Towning. Another delicious Anglo-Indian recipe.
- 1 lb mincemeat (hamburger)
- 4 ounces whole cream
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 nutmeg, grated (mold must have nutmeg flavour)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and boil mince with salt till all the water has dried.
- Grind mince to a paste. Add cream, nutmeg, butter.
- Beat eggs lightly and mix into meat.
- Spray mould bowl well or grease. Put in mold bowl, cover and steam for 45 minutes.
- Can be served hot or cold.
- Pack into container and put in fridge to set.