Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 32 mins
Make and share this Beef Noodle Soup With Mushrooms and Thyme recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into medium dice
- 2 medium carrots, cut into medium dice
- 340.19 g mushrooms, stems removed, wiped clean, and sliced thin (domestic or wild)
- 2.46 ml dried thyme (or 1 1/2 t. minced fresh thyme leaves)
- 118.29 ml chopped canned tomato
- 1892.0 ml beef broth (home-made or best-quality purchased)
- 473.18 ml shredded cooked beef
- 85.04 g dried egg noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 59.14 ml minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ground black pepper
- Heat oil over med-high heat in a soup kettle or Dutch oven.
- Add in onion and carrots; saute until almost soft, 3-4 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms; saute until softened and the liquid almost evaporates, 4-5 minutes.
- Add in thyme and tomatoes, then beef broth and meat; bring to a simmer.
- Decrease heat to low; simmer until vegetables are no longer crunchy and the flavors have blended, about 15 minutes.
- Add in noodles; simmer until fully cooked, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, adjust seasonings, adding salt and pepper to taste; serve immediately.