Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great on cold days, easy to make and kids like it.
- 1 lb cubed beef stew meat
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 5 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen egg noodles
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, saute the stew meat, onion and celery for 5 minutes, or until meat is browned on all sides.
- Stir in the bouillon, parsley, ground black pepper, carrots, water and egg noodles.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes.
This is a very good, basic beef soup. It tasted good with the chilly weather we had yesterday. I did just a couple things differently In addition to the ingredients listed, I added a 15 oz. can of whole tomatoes and a little bit of dried oregano. I also cooked the noodles separately to give the meat and vegetables more time to cook. I'm sure I'll be making this again this winter when I'm in a pinch for a quick and easy meal. Thanks.
This was so good! I used barley rather than noodles but otherwised followed the recipe