Recipe by ChipotleChick
This is a good recipe that I came up with when trying to find a good use for my leftover steak. If you are using raw meat, however, I would recommend that you simmer it in water a while (maybe 30 minutes or so) before starting the soup , for this will make the beef more tender (if you do this be sure to skip browning the beef with the veggies, or do it by itself before you boil it).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb cubed beef (leftover steak also works!)
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 7 cups beef broth (or 7 cups water and 1/4 cup instant beef boullion granules)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen egg noodles (or homemade, or dried)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a large skillet to medium high, with the oil.
- Throw in the beef (if you didn't boil it already) onion, and celery and saute about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a large pot, and add remaining ingredients except noodles and carrots (if shredded).
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 20 minutes.
- Then add carrot shreds and egg noodles and cook as long as directed on package.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.