Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A fast meal that's tasty and easy on the budget. Another Kraft recipe that I lightened up. Enjoy!
- 6 cups broad egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushrooms, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup light cream cheese spread (1/2 a tub)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, brown meat in skillet; drain. Add onions and peppers; cook and stir until tender. Stir in all remaning ingredients; cook 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain noodles, place on serving platter. Top with meat mixture. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
Weird tasting -- read other reviews and added fresh & granulated garlic, pepper and paprika to get some flavor. The tomato soup gave it a sweeter than we like flavor. My husband found very thick as well. Won't be making this again.
Wasn't crazy about the tomato soup in it. Next time, I'll use fresh portabella's and mushroom soup and make it more like stroganoff instead.
Me and my husband did not like this dish at all. I think it probably would have tasted better without the green pepper but it gave it a weird and not so great flavor. Might try again without the pepper and see if it is any better.