Recipe by *Parsley*
Easy one skillet meal.
Top Review by bmcnichol
I made this for my son's band and they all enjoyed it. I did change up the recipe just a bit. I used a can of corn niblets as I am not a fan of frozen corn so I don't buy it. I used minced dried onions instead of green onions. I used petite diced tomatoes and Splenda instead of sugar. Next time I would cut the worcestershire sauce down a bit as I thought it was a bit overpowering. This was a quick, easy recipe to make. Made for My 3 Chefs.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large, deep skillet, cook and crumble the beef until done; drain and reutrn to skillet.
- Add to the skillet all other ingredients EXCEPT the cheese.
- Stir everything well. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10 - 12 minutes, stirring occassionally, until noodles are tender.
- Stir again. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover and let cook for about 2 minutes until chhese has melted.