Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
In this recipe the noodles cook in the same pot as the sauce, making it easy and quick.
Make and share this Beef Noodle Paprikash recipe from Food.com.
- In dutch oven, brown beef with garlic, onions, and green pepper.
- Cook and stir until beef is done, drain off excess fat.
- Stir in paprika and thyme.
- Add broth and noodles; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occ.
- Mix sour cream with flour; stir into noodle mixture.
- Simmer for 3 more minutes, stirring until thickened.
Great dish and a new twist on the well known "Chicken Paprikash"; economical and quick to prepare and cook. I used low fat sour cream and used 1 1/2 lb beef. I served this with steamed broccoli and warm bread. My DH had 2 big helpings and I still have enough leftover to send with him for dinner tommorrow night. Another great recipe from Inez!
What a beautiful, creamy, and flavorful dish! I was really impressed with the short amount of time it took to produce such a great dish. I love the idea that the noodles cook in the dish rather than having to be cooked separetely. I've never used paprika in this quantity before, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that paprika actually imparts a flavor as well as a beautiful color to the dish. Thanks for another wonderul dish Inez!
This is a super dish for making during the work week crunch. It's quick, easy, uses readily available ingredients, and tastes great. The paprika adds great color and flavor to the dish. The one dish concept makes for expeditious cleanup, a great bonus. I also used reduced fat sour cream and 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef (that seems to be the size my store packages) and it tasted marvelous.