Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Simple, simple, simple - that's all I have to say!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 8 ounces whole wheat egg noodles
- 1 cup 2% cheddar cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can reduced-sodium tomato sauce
- sea salt
- black pepper
- parsley flakes
- garlic powder
- In dutch oven or large covered pot saute onions & minced garlic in olive oil (I use the minced garlic in the jar).
- Add ground beef and cook until done.
- Add green chiles and corn and season to taste.
- Spread uncooked egg noodles on meat mixture.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of noodles.
- Pour diced tomatoes and tomato sauce on top of noodles.
- Sprinkle with more seasonings
- Turn stove to low and simmer for 1 hour or until noodles are cooked.
Made for Pick a Chef fall 2009 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=310505&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 I opted for egg free noodles to lower the cholesterol in this recipe using the whole 12 ounce bag. I did cover the pot to simmer for 1 hour. This would be great with peas and carrots too! This is 5 stars for convenience made all in one pot! I did add Italian seasoning additional garlic. I used 1 cup shredded cheese which can be upped by a bit if not worried about salt or cholesterol. Thank you for a quick to assemble and easy to make dinner oh with easy clean-up!