Recipe by Kzim4
Make the seasoning mix ahead and keep on hand for a quick dinner. Posted for safe keeping. Found this one at budget101.com. Seasoning mix ingredients makes more than needed for 1 recipe. Save remaining amount in a ziplock-type baggie for future use. By my calculations, you should have enough to make the dinner 3 times.
Top Review by IngridH
I'm sorry, but this is one of the most bland meals I've ever eaten. I really like the idea of a mix that you just add a few ingredients to, but this needs far more seasoning to make it work.
For Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup non-fat powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 tablespoons brown gravy mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
For Beef Noodle Dinner (use 7 1/2 tablespoons beef noodle seasoning mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 6 1⁄2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- To make seasoning mix: Combine all mix ingredients in a medium bowl. Place mix in a ziplock-type baggie, and label. Set aside until ready to make your meal.
- To make meal: Brown hamburger & Drain. Add mushrooms & hot water. Stir in the seasoning mix. Add the noodles and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer, cover, cook 15-17 minutes.
- Remove lid and let gently simmer until sauce has thickened, stirring occasionally.