Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy and rich. Mom's note at the bottom of the recipe includes this advice: For same recipe as above, only much simpler, cheaper and less calories, see the recipe for Holiday Spaghetti.
- 8 ounces medium noodles
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles, rinse and drain.
- Brown meat in oil.
- Stir in tomato sauce and worcestershire sauce.
- Combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, onions, pepper, then beat.
- Spread half of noodles in a 2-quart greased casserole or baking dish.
- Build layers of cheese, meat, and noodles until all are used or casserole is filled.
- Pour butter over top, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.
This is very rich and absolutely yumilicious! I cut the recipe in half but made as indicated except I did not add the butter to the topping. If I was to make the whole recipe, I don't think I would use the full amount of cream cheese but reduce it to maybe 6 oz. I was having a busy day so made this in steps. I did the filling in the morning and cooked the noodles, drained in cool water and set aside. This afternoon, I put the whole thing together and baked it as indicated. Served with a side of garlic bread. Thanks for the recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2013.