Recipe by Rutecki Family
Yummy and rich. Mom's note at the bottom of the recipe includes this advice: For same recipe as above, only much simpler, cheaper and less calories, see the recipe for Holiday Spaghetti.
Top Review by mums the word
This is very rich and absolutely yumilicious! I cut the recipe in half but made as indicated except I did not add the butter to the topping. If I was to make the whole recipe, I don't think I would use the full amount of cream cheese but reduce it to maybe 6 oz. I was having a busy day so made this in steps. I did the filling in the morning and cooked the noodles, drained in cool water and set aside. This afternoon, I put the whole thing together and baked it as indicated. Served with a side of garlic bread. Thanks for the recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
- 8 ounces medium noodles
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles, rinse and drain.
- Brown meat in oil.
- Stir in tomato sauce and worcestershire sauce.
- Combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, onions, pepper, then beat.
- Spread half of noodles in a 2-quart greased casserole or baking dish.
- Build layers of cheese, meat, and noodles until all are used or casserole is filled.
- Pour butter over top, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Let stand about 10 minutes before serving.