Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This comforting casserole recipe came from my Great Aunt, and has been a favorite in my family for years. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- In a large skillet, brown beef.
- Remove beef and drain fat.
- In same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion and pepper until tender.
- Add beef, Worcestershire sauce, noodles, and soups.
- Spoon into a greased 3-quart casserole dish; top with cheese.
- Bake at 350º for 45 minutes.
A very easy, good and a quick throw together kind of meal. I did add crushed garlic, Dried parsley, Oregano,rosemary, sage, & basil. I think I`d like to add 1 cup cheese to the mixture then top with one more cup of cheese.
I made this the other night for seven people and it was absolutely delicious. I swapped the mince for strips of rump steak instead. Great recipe.
Yum! I made this for the Comfort Food Cookathon, and it is a really good comfort food on a rainy cold weekend. Thanks for the recipe!