I found this in one of those little recipe books by the checkstand in a grocery store. It was a "Taste of Home" one. It sounded really good to me and I was hungry at the time...lol. So, I tried it. We liked it You could add whatever else you like to it and have it come out great. Cooking time does not include the time to cook the ground beef and noodles.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles (I use the extra wide ones)
- 1/2 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (I use mild but you can add on the heat if you wish)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1Cook noodles according to pkg. directions.
- 2In a large skillet, cook ground beef kuntil no longer pink. Drain.
- 3Stir in tomato sauce, onions, chilies, garlic and salt.
- 4In small bowl, combine cram cheese and sour cream.
- 5Drain noodles.
- 6Place 1/2 c beef mixture in a 1 Quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 7Add a layer of 1/2 the noodled, cream cheese mixture and cheese.
- 8Repeat layers.
- 9Spoon remaining beef mixture over top.
- 10Cover and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly hot.
- 11Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 427.5
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 118.5 mg
- Sodium 1149.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 24.2 g