Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this in one of those little recipe books by the checkstand in a grocery store. It was a "Taste of Home" one. It sounded really good to me and I was hungry at the time...lol. So, I tried it. We liked it You could add whatever else you like to it and have it come out great. Cooking time does not include the time to cook the ground beef and noodles.
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles (I use the extra wide ones)
- 1⁄2 lb 90% lean ground beef
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (I use mild but you can add on the heat if you wish)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to pkg. directions.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef kuntil no longer pink. Drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, onions, chilies, garlic and salt.
- In small bowl, combine cram cheese and sour cream.
- Drain noodles.
- Place 1/2 c beef mixture in a 1 Quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Add a layer of 1/2 the noodled, cream cheese mixture and cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Spoon remaining beef mixture over top.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly hot.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.