Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Beffy, noodles and cheese The kids really dig into this.
Make and share this Beef Noodle Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 12 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 8 ounces cooked and drained egg noodles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef, drain.
- Add sauce and next 4 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
- Fold in the noodles.
- In greased 3 qt baking dish, layer half the noodles and half the meat.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 35 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese, and bake 5 minutes more.
I have made this at least 10 times now and kept forgetting to rate it. This recipe is a real winner -- but definitely not for anyone trying to limit their fat intake! It's easy, relatively inexpensive and both kids and adults LOVE it. This has become my #1 favorite casserole to take to neighbors or ailing church members. I can make it in the morning (I use about 1/2 the green onion as the flavor intensifies during the day), then deliver it with the cheddar in a separate baggie, along with cooking instructions. Everyone I've ever taken it to has requested the recipe! Thanks again, Inez.
This casserole was really good. I used a 15 ounce can of tomato sauce instead of a 12 ounce.
This is Miss Hulling's recipe for sour cream noodle bake from St. Louis. It's a family favourite of ours. The ingredients sound gross, but somehow it works so well. It's packed full of good protein for the kids. Dee-lish!