Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Beffy, noodles and cheese The kids really dig into this.
Make and share this Beef Noodle Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- Brown ground beef, drain.
- Add sauce and next 4 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
- Fold in the noodles.
- In greased 3 qt baking dish, layer half the noodles and half the meat.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 35 minutes.
- Uncover, sprinkle with cheese, and bake 5 minutes more.
I have made this at least 10 times now and kept forgetting to rate it. This recipe is a real winner -- but definitely not for anyone trying to limit their fat intake! It's easy, relatively inexpensive and both kids and adults LOVE it. This has become my #1 favorite casserole to take to neighbors or ailing church members. I can make it in the morning (I use about 1/2 the green onion as the flavor intensifies during the day), then deliver it with the cheddar in a separate baggie, along with cooking instructions. Everyone I've ever taken it to has requested the recipe! Thanks again, Inez.
This casserole was really good. I used a 15 ounce can of tomato sauce instead of a 12 ounce.
This is Miss Hulling's recipe for sour cream noodle bake from St. Louis. It's a family favourite of ours. The ingredients sound gross, but somehow it works so well. It's packed full of good protein for the kids. Dee-lish!