Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Now I have a recipe called "Hot Dish" and one called "Casserole." I'm complete! :) At first glance it reminds me of our family favorite, Greggie's Hotdish.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups egg noodles, cooked
- Brown meat and add onion; cook until tender.
- Add tomato paste, water, salt and pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat milk and cream cheese; blend well.
- Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan, garlic salt, green pepper and noodles.
- In a 9x13-inch baking dish, alternate rows of noodles and meat sauce.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Sprinkle on remaining Parmesan cheese.
Good recipe but needed a little more kick for our taste buds. May try cayanne pepper or Chachere's creole seasonings. Good and quick. E from LA