Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 6 hrs
Cook 10 mins
The noodle bowl is versatile, affordable and distinctly different depending on region of origin. As for me, I love 'em all.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flatiron steaks
- honey ginger teriyaki sauce (recipe below)
- 1 (8 ounce) packageasian rice noodles
- 1 bunch green onion, roots tips removed
- 1 head bibb lettuce, cored and sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1⁄3 English cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1⁄2 bunch cilantro leaf
- sesame-soy salad dressing
- hoisin sauce (for dipping)
- sriracha asian garlic sauce (for dipping)
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, toasted and chopped
Ginger Teriyaki Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- To Make Ginger Teriyaki Sauce: Combine all in a bowl and mix well. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate. Makes 1 1/4 cups.
- Measure 1 cup of the Ginger Teriyaki Sauce, reserving the remainder to be used later. Marinate steaks in one cup teriyaki sauce for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove steaks from marinade and discard marinade. Meanwhile, prepare noodles according to package directions and chill. Wash and prepare vegetables.
- Grill marinated steaks in a cast iron skillet, grill-pan or barbecue. Use low to medium heat, grilling steak just shy of desired doneness. When the steak is almost done, brush green onions generously with remainder teriyaki sauce and grill briefly to wilt and char slightly, chop white parts and cut green portions into long pieces; set aside.
- While steak cooks, arrange four plates or wide bowls with lettuce, carrots, cucumber and noodles.
- Remove steak to a plate to rest for five minute before slicing. Slice meat into thin strips and toss with chopped green onions. Arrange sliced steak and onions over the top of the prepared plates and garnish with cilantro leaves and peanuts.
- Serve with soy dressing on the side, along with the Hoisin and/or Sriracha sauce for dipping.