Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 6 ounces uncooked dumpling egg noodles (4 cups)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can sloppy joe sandwich sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (1/2 cup)
- Cook noodles to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 2-quart caserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large skillet, combine ground beef, onion and bell pepper; cook over medium-high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Add sloppy Joe sauce, soup and mushrooms; mix well.
- Heat until bubbly.
- Gently stir in cooked noodles.
- Pour mixture into sprayed casserole.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until casserole is thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.