Recipe by Sage
The name of this recipe is a tribute to Nambour, a town in the Sunshine Coast area to the north of Brisbane, Queensland. The area produces sugar and is Australia's main growing area for ginger - two of the ingredients of this dish.
Top Review by Kristine L.
I made this dish exactly as directed and it was fantastic, my son came to tell me that "dinner was pro mum" lol, the whole family truely enjoyed it. I served it with rice. Will definately be making this again , thankyou so much for posting
- 1 lb diced beef
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons French onion soup mix
- 16 ounces pineapple chunks
- 1 pinch dry ginger powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the beef with the plain flour. Brown the beef and the bacon in a pan. Put the beef and bacon into a casserole dish.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, including the balance of the flour.
- Add water and stir to give a smooth consistency.
- Cook in a moderate oven 350°F for 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- Garnish with parsley and serve with boiled rice or mashed potato.
- If available use a a small amount of fresh ginger instead of the dry one.