Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy recipe made with things easily found in your pantry---try changing the vegetables for a different mix or using canned corn or green beans.
- 4 cups frozen potato hash browns
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4-1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F (205C).
- Line potatoes on bottom and up sides of a greased 8 x 12-inch casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Brown beef in large chunks; drain.
- Add chopped onions, cook until transparent.
- Place beef, onions, broccoli, and tomatoes in potato shell.
- Combine soup, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, garlic powder, worchestershire sauce and pepper; pour over beef mixture.
- Bake, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese, bake uncovered 2 to 3 minutes more, or until cheese has melted.
This was really good! I didn't have cream of celery, so I subbed cream of mushroom. Also I used 1/2 can of canned diced tomatoes for the fresh tomato. Next time, I might use salsa instead just to give it a little extra zip. Thanks so much! We really enjoyed this tonght!