Recipe by J9
This is the BEST burger you will ever eat! These are big, juicy and very tasty!
Top Review by Lael Bagnall
Excellent. I found this recipe in my Quick COoking magazine and we made these last night. They are thick and juicy. We served them with slices of Colby Jack cheese. Very yummy and full of flavor.
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 -3 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- lettuce leaf
- tomatoes, slices for toppings
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook bacon, onion and garlic over medium heat until the bacon is crisp.
- Drain and place in a bowl.
- Stir in the bread crumbs, egg, water, parsley, salt, marjoram, paprika and pepper.
- Crumble beef and pork over the mixture and mix well.
- Shape into eight 3/4-in thick patties.
- Grill uncovered or medium-hot heat for 9-12 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally.
- Serve on buns with desired toppings.