Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A comfort type soup. Good on those long cold winter nights.
Make and share this Beef "N" Onion Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups thinly sliced onions
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet (or use 3 Tbs soy sauce)
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (I use more)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (I use more)
- 4 cups beef broth or 4 cups beef bouillon
- parmesan cheese
- Cook onions in large saucepan over low heat in butter 30 minutes or more stirring occasionally.
- Add Kitchen Bouquet and beef.
- Stir to break up meat, cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Stir in flour and seasonings.
- Add beef broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with Parmesan cheese.
This soup is really yummy! I made no changes to the recipe and wouldn't change a thing. It's quite different from other onion soups (in a good way). The parmesan cheese sprinkle was a perfect addition. Thanx!
I loved the flavour. However,I used stew beef and broth leftover from yesterdays stew instead of ground beef and omitted the Kitchen Bouquet (soy sauce). This was a very easy recipe to follow.
I love onion soup and this one topped any I have tried.