Recipe by Mariah
This is one of my family's favorite recipes. A real one-dish meal! It goes together easy, uses everyday staples, is kid friendly, and tastes great! I got the recipe from an A Taste Of Home booklet. The other night, I promised DH this dish but didn't have any crescent rolls, so I substituted Grand's. The family loved it more than the original.
Top Review by Prayztwice
I honestly didn't have very high expectations with this dish, but boy! Was I wrong. My kids tore into this like they'd been starved for days! Like Mariah suggested, I added more green pepper and it was fabulous. The dish was easy, quick, and yummy.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper (we like more)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 1⁄2 ounces green beans, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt (I use garlic powder)
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shredded cheese, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook beef, onion, and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, beans, salt, and garlic salt. Simmer for 8 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, separate crescent dough into eight triangles; place in an ungreased 9-in. pie plate with points toward the center. Press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a crust; seal perforations. In a bowl, beat egg and 1 cup cheese; spread over the crust.
- Stir 1/2 c cheese into meat mixture; spoon into crust. Sprinkle with paprika and remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.