Recipe by Tinkerbell's Mommy
My whole family loves this, even my kids who are picky eatters! Easy to make which is important to me too...
Top Review by seal angel
This was alright! A little dry. Had to put homemade salsa on top. I think if you put refried beans on the bottom it would be better. Kinda like an open face torta. I was thinking of putting spagehtii sauce and mozzerella on top. Next time I will try it like that. I did add mushrooms to mine. So my daughter actually ate purple onion, green pepper, and mushrooms. She didn't even know it till I told her.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the salsa, green pepper, olives, salt, chili powder, garlic, and cumin. Remove from the heat. Cut bread in half lengthwise; place on a baking sheet. Spread meat mixture over sides and sprinkle with cheese. Bake @450 for 10-15 minutes.