Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
- 2 -3 lbs boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups beer
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Coat beef cubes with the 1/2 cup flour.
- Brown in melted butter.
- Drain off excess fat.
- In crock pot, combine browned meat with onion, salt, pepper, garlic and beer.
- Cover and cook on low 5-7 hours until meat is tender.
- Turn control to high.
- Dissolve remaining 1/4 cup flour in small amount of water.
- Stir into meat mixture, cook on high 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with rice or hot noodles.
I had the day off and my wife had to work so I took the opportunity to make this dish. Outstanding! Very easy to make and we both loved the flavor. Now, we're both garlic addicts so I'll admit to using five cloves of garlic and, when I made my noodles, I put in a beef bouilion cube just to flavor the noodles while they were cooking. And, for what's it's worth, I used Budweiser beer. I might try it with a darker, more strongly flavored beer the next time just to see what effect it has on the taste. But, as is, with the minor changes I made, we loved it and my wife, when asked for her input, said, "Five stars, no question!!". Thanks for the recipe.
Tasty and simple. I used a Guiness and was a bit worried that it would over power the rest of the sauce, everyone liked it.
I made this to have for dinner after working outside all day. Wasn't the best aroma coming in the door, I think it was the beer. Was edible, just not a favorite at our house.