Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this recipe from Recipezaar on February 13, 2005.
- 4 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 12 mushrooms, cut into chunks
- salt & pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cans beer
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 large green peppers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Salt & pepper meat and brown lightly in heavy skillet.
- Add onions, pepper and mushrooms and brown lightly.
- Pour beer over all, stir in catsup and mustard.
- Cover tightly and simmer slowly for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until meat is tender.
Tasty, even when cooked over low heat for just 30 mins (in step 4).