Recipe by carolinafan
You can let everyone make their own personal tostada by setting out additional toppings such as chopped red or green peppers, sliced ripe olives, sliced jalapeno peppers, and light sour cream.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1 (12 count) package tostadas
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 3 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup diced tomato
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375*.
- In medium bowl, combine beans and chiles, mix well.
- Spread 2 to 3 tablespoons bean mixture onto each tostado shell; place on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375* for 5 to 7 minutes or until hot.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, brown ground beef; drain.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the salsa. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Serve tostada shells topped with hot beef mixture, shredded lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and remaining cheese.