Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
A filling, easy, and savory dish that goes well with a cold rainy day.
- 907.18 g stew meat
- 2 (70.87 g) packet onion soup mix
- 2 (595.33 g) can cream of mushroom soup
- 283.49 g jar mushrooms, drained
- 118.29 ml beef broth
- 340.19 g package egg noodles
- black pepper (to taste)
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add beef and cook until thoroughly browned.
- Add soup mix, soup, mushrooms, beef broth, black pepper, and stir.
- Simmer over low heat for at least 1 hour (longer if you want the beef to be more tender).
- Boil egg noodles as directed, and drain.
- Serve beef and mushroom sauce over noodles, or mix all together in one pot.
This was good and easy to make. I didn't use the oil and added one packet of onion soup to the beef before browning it. I only used a pound of beef, the one packet of onion soup, two cans of cream of mushroom soup, pepper and a can of beef broth. I then added a packet of herb brown gravy. I served it over noodles and everyone enjoyed it.
Was good - easy and fast (as far as hands-on work) and tasty. I would use half the amount of onion soup mix because it was quite salty. Other than that, I'll make this again! We served this with a green salad - nice and light compared to the heavier dish. Thanks for the recipe!