Recipe by Beeracuda
A filling, easy, and savory dish that goes well with a cold rainy day.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and easy to make. I didn't use the oil and added one packet of onion soup to the beef before browning it. I only used a pound of beef, the one packet of onion soup, two cans of cream of mushroom soup, pepper and a can of beef broth. I then added a packet of herb brown gravy. I served it over noodles and everyone enjoyed it.
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets onion soup mix
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) jar mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- Add beef and cook until thoroughly browned.
- Add soup mix, soup, mushrooms, beef broth, black pepper, and stir.
- Simmer over low heat for at least 1 hour (longer if you want the beef to be more tender).
- Boil egg noodles as directed, and drain.
- Serve beef and mushroom sauce over noodles, or mix all together in one pot.