Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was on the label of a jar of hoisin sauce. I just upped the amout of hoisin sauce used. Extraordinarily good.
- 1 lb top round steak
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons dry madeira wine
- 3 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, stems removed, quartered
- Cut steak into 1/8 inch thick slices. Arrange in a 11" x 7" glass baking dish.
- In small bowl, combine cornstarch, soy sauce, water, wine, hoisin sauce and sugar.
- Pour over beef strips. Stir and toss to coat meat evenly; set aside.
- Heat oil in wok over high heat. Add onion and mushroom. Stir-fry until onion is soft and mushrooms are tender but slightly firm, 1-2 minutes.
- Add beef mixture, stir-fry 2 minutes.
- All done. Yum!
- This is very good served with long beans and rice.
Not really sure what it was, but this just wasn't for us. It sounded good, but it ended up having an oddly sweet taste that just didn't do it for us.