Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe uses the beef mushroom master mix posted separately to put together a satisfying meal on the table for your family without a fuss. The first 8 ingredients have been broken down to size in order to get this posted. Please use Beef Mushroom Freezer Mix - OAMC for actual measurements for the Freezer Mix. Not gourmet but great for a hungry family!
Beef-Mushroom Freezer Mix
- 226.79 g ground beef
- 0 large onion
- 0 clove garlic, minced
- 114.24 g can cream of mushroom soup
- 42.52 g can mushroom stems and pieces
- 37.98 g can water or 37.98 g can red wine
- 1.77 ml instant beef bouillon
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 59.14 ml water
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 473.18 ml cooked noodles
- Dip container of frozen mix (3-cups recipe#107902) into hot water just to loosen.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat frozen mix and water to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer, stirring frequently, until mix is thawed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and heat.
- Serve over noodles.
Comfort food....it reminds me of a dish my Mom used to make so I altered it a little by adding frozen peas along with the (low fat) sour cream. I dished this over mashed potatoes instead of noodles.....really, really good! Thanks for posting.
Very easy to make and oh-so-good. I went with the red wine and low fat sour cream. There was plenty of meat in this dish, so I think next time I will add an additional cup of noodles and it will still have plenty of sauce. I served this with steamed broccoli and baby carrots for a very colorful plate.