Recipe by Tish
This recipe uses the beef mushroom master mix posted separately to put together a satisfying meal on the table for your family without a fuss. The first 8 ingredients have been broken down to size in order to get this posted. Please use Beef Mushroom Freezer Mix - OAMC for actual measurements for the Freezer Mix. Not gourmet but great for a hungry family!
Top Review by Zeph's Wife
Comfort food....it reminds me of a dish my Mom used to make so I altered it a little by adding frozen peas along with the (low fat) sour cream. I dished this over mashed potatoes instead of noodles.....really, really good! Thanks for posting.
Beef-Mushroom Freezer Mix
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 large onion
- 1⁄4 clove garlic, minced
- 4 1⁄16 ounces cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cans mushroom stems and pieces
- 1 1⁄3 ounces cans water or 1 1⁄3 ounces cans red wine
- 1⁄8 tablespoon instant beef bouillon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Dip container of frozen mix (3-cups recipe#107902) into hot water just to loosen.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat frozen mix and water to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer, stirring frequently, until mix is thawed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream and heat.
- Serve over noodles.