Recipe by Lennie
Very tasty, and fast to prepare too. Buy a piece of meat that is anywhere between one pound and one and a half pounds -- substitute sirloin steak if you wish, particularly for guests. :-)
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks
- 2 cups mushrooms, canned,drained
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, condensed
- 1 cup sour cream, light
Directions See How It's Made
- In a nonstick frying pan or heavy pot with a lid, cook onion and garlic in the butter and oil until softened.
- Cut the steak into strips or cubes, then add the meat and mushrooms to the onions.
- Cook unil the meat is browned.
- Add the soup, salt and pepper to taste, and the worcestershire sauce.
- Stir well to loosen all the browned bits from the pan.
- Cover and simmer on low for ten minutes.
- Take off the heat and slowly stir in the sour cream.
- Return to low heat-- heat through but don't let it boil.
- Serve over hot noodles or mashed potatoes.