Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a yummy recipe! I don't really remember where I got it from, but I do know that everyone who has it, enjoys it.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) canpeeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb fresh cheese ravioli
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushroom, onions and garlic and sauté 6 minutes or until onions are soft; Remove mixture from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the lean ground beef to the skillet and cook about 6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add the mushroom mixture, tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, sugar and salt and pepper to the beef mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the flavors have had chance to blend.
- While cooking the sauce, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add ravioli and cook according to package directions.
- Drain and return to pot, adding 1 tbsp olive oil and toss to coat.
- Spoon ravioli into a serving dish and top with sauce.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
This was pretty good. Next time, I'll add some cayenne powder to it to liven it up a bit, and I'll definitely buy different ravioli because they tasted weird (my husband picked cheese ravioli with basil), so maybe that threw me off. Anyway, a good recipe.
My family went nuts over this dish! And I went nuts over how easy it was to make!