Recipe by - Carla -
This is a yummy recipe! I don't really remember where I got it from, but I do know that everyone who has it, enjoys it.
Top Review by Jaime in Winnipeg
This was pretty good. Next time, I'll add some cayenne powder to it to liven it up a bit, and I'll definitely buy different ravioli because they tasted weird (my husband picked cheese ravioli with basil), so maybe that threw me off. Anyway, a good recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) canpeeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb fresh cheese ravioli
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushroom, onions and garlic and sauté 6 minutes or until onions are soft; Remove mixture from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the lean ground beef to the skillet and cook about 6 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add the mushroom mixture, tomatoes, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, sugar and salt and pepper to the beef mixture.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes until the sauce has thickened and the flavors have had chance to blend.
- While cooking the sauce, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add ravioli and cook according to package directions.
- Drain and return to pot, adding 1 tbsp olive oil and toss to coat.
- Spoon ravioli into a serving dish and top with sauce.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!