Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This master mix can be made ahead of time and frozen to be used with several recipes to be posted separately. It's amazing what you can come up with this! If you think of something new please add it.
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 large onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 3 (4 ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces
- 1⁄2 can water or 1⁄2 can red wine
- 1 tablespoon instant beef bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook and stir meat until brown.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in remaining ingredients; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Divide mixture among four 1-quart freezer containers (about 3 cups in each).
- Cool quickly.
- Cover and label; freeze no more than 3 months.
- Use freezer mix in the recipes posted separately.
very good mix! I'll make stroganoff on a busy work day with this (and then try the other recipes!)...
Quick and easy to put together! We have already enjoyed the mix in the soup that Tish suggests and I made a gravy out of another package, just thinned it out with water and served with buttermilk biscuits. No complaints, even from the pickiest of my family! Thanks, Tish!!!!