Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Campbell's Kitchen
- 3⁄4 lb boneless beef top sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 4 cups hot cooked rice, cooked without salt
- chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Slice beef into very thin strips.
- Spray nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and heat 1 minute Add mushrooms and onion and cook until tender. Remove vegetables. Remove skillet from heat.
- Spray skillet with vegetable cooking spray. Add beef and cook until browned and juices evaporate, stirring often.
- Add soup, water, mustard and vegetables and heat through. Toss rice with parsley, if desired. Serve beef over rice.
- TIP: To make slicing easier, freeze beef 1 hours.
Pretty good overall however I only used 1 tablespoon of the dijon mustard as stated by the review from BarbryT next time I will use the 2 tablespoons as stated in the recipe because to me it needed a little more kick. Also I added some frozen peas during the last 5 min.
Very good and super easy to make. I must admit that I added a tablespoon of butter to saute the onions and mushrooms (they spoke to me; they said "Butter, must have butter.") :-) I thought the mustard flavor pretty much overwhelmed the other ingredients so will use one tablespoon the next time and probably will serve it over noodles instead of rice just for texture. In all, quite nice!