Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe uses the Beef Mushroom master mix posted separately. The 1st 8 ingredients for the freezer mix have been broken down to size in order to get this posted. Please use Beef Mushroom Freezer Mix - OAMC for actual measurements for the Freezer Mix. You can make this less spicy by reducing the chilies if desired.
Beef-Mushroom Freezer Mix
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 large onion
- 1⁄4 clove garlic, minced
- 4 1⁄16 ounces cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cans mushroom stems and pieces
- 1⁄8 can water or 1⁄8 can red wine
- 1⁄8 tablespoon instant beef bouillon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) canhot enchilada sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 (4 ounce) can red chilies
- 3 cups corn chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Dip container of 3 cups Beef-Mushroom (recipe#107902) frozen mix in hot water just to loosen.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat frozen mix, water and enchilada sauce to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer, stirring frequently, until mix is thawed, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Rinse green and red chilies to remove seeds (the seeds are very hot).
- Cut chilies into small pieces.
- Arrange 2 cups of the corn chips, and half each of the meat mixture, chilies and cheese in ungreased baking dish, 10x6x1 3/4 inches; repeat with remaining meat mixture, chilies and cheese.
- Sprinkle with remaining corn chips.
- Bake uncovered until casserole is bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes.
Yum! I made this using the Beef Mushroom Master Mix, and it turned out well. I used two small cans of diced green chilies and a mild enchilada sauce, and used Fritos as the chips the recipe called for. I also sprinkled some extra cheese on top of the last layer of Fritos. It was so nice having the meat part of the recipe already made up, and I can see us using this one a lot in the future. Thanks for sharing, Tish!