Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This uses the Beef Mushroom Freezer Mix posted separately to put together a satisfying quick meal for your family. The first 8 ingredients have been broken down to size in order to get this posted. Please use Beef Mushroom Freezer Mix - OAMC for actual measurements for the Freezer Mix. Adjust seasoning and vegetables to your taste.
Mushroom Freezer Mix
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄3 large onion
- 1⁄4 clove garlic, minced
- 4 1⁄16 ounces cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cans mushroom stems and pieces
- 1⁄8 can water or 1⁄8 can red wine
- 1⁄8 tablespoon instant beef bouillon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup barley, uncooked
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 1 parsley sprig
- 1 bay leaf
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Dip container of 3 cups frozen mix (see recipe#107902) into hot water just to loosen.
- In Dutch oven, heat frozen mix and remaining ingredients to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer, stirring frequently, until mix is thawed and barley and vegetables are tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf.