Recipe by DebbiF
I can't remember where i got this recipe, but we all love it. It makes a ton so i bring it to family gatherings often. It isn't pretty until it is done cooking in the oven. But it is definitely good!
Top Review by Motivated Mama
Great base recipe. I added corn and broccoli and used milk instead of water as suggested in another review. I used extra garlic and basil as well. My husband enjoyed it with sour cream. I also agree that it was a nice change from the usual cheddar filled casserole. Next time I will probably add an onion. Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 cups macaroni, cooked al dente
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef, basil, pepper and garlic until meat is browned.
- Stir in soups, water and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Add macaroni.
- Pour into a 2 quart baking dish and cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.