Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I can't remember where i got this recipe, but we all love it. It makes a ton so i bring it to family gatherings often. It isn't pretty until it is done cooking in the oven. But it is definitely good!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 cups macaroni, cooked al dente
- In skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef, basil, pepper and garlic until meat is browned.
- Stir in soups, water and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Add macaroni.
- Pour into a 2 quart baking dish and cover with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
Great base recipe. I added corn and broccoli and used milk instead of water as suggested in another review. I used extra garlic and basil as well. My husband enjoyed it with sour cream. I also agree that it was a nice change from the usual cheddar filled casserole. Next time I will probably add an onion. Thanks for posting!
This was good basic recipe. No stand out strong flavours, but nice and mild. Made a huge amount! I did add some onions when browning the ground beef. Doubled the basil and garlic powder. Substituted milk for the water, well drained diced tomatoes for the tomato soup. May have used more cheese than called for, as I sneaked some cheddar in. lol. Think I would make this again, maybe with some worcestershire and corn.
This was a good casserole. Not WOW but good. I like the fact that it uses creamy soups in it. I think next time I'll add some onions and green peppers to it. Great for DH's lunch the next day.