Recipe by Catnip46
This is a really thick hot chile. I myself don't use the hot peppers or Tabasco sauce. I also use the ground red pepper instead of the crushed red pepper. I like my chili a little more thinner so I also add tomato juice. Make this on a nice cold day and it'll heat you up in no time.
Top Review by Melissa K.
This was a big hit with my crew! I made it with moose meat. I didn't use the MSG and I used slightly less hot peppers. It's easy to do in the crock pot as well... just cook on low (after browning moose, onions, bacon, garlic) for a few hours. It's a hearty and filling chili!
- 4 lbs ground moose
- 2 (12 ounce) cans beer
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 (24 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup hot pepper, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 12 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 lb bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cumin, ground
- 1 tablespoon red pepper, crushed
- 1 tablespoon msg
- 12 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large chili pot, combine: tomato sauce, tomato paste, beer, chopped peppers, chili powder, vinegar, Tabasco sauce, cumin, crushed red pepper, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Bring to simmer.
- In a large frying pan cook bacon until crisp.
- Add bacon and 2 TB drippings to chili pot.
- Brown moose meat, onions, garlic and MSG and add to chili pot.
- Cover pot and simmer for one hour.
- Add beans to chili pot and simmer 1/2 hour more.
- If you like your chili thinner add tomato juice.