Recipe by eraegra
This recipe is adapted from a vegetarian Minestrone Soup that I make every fall, as soon as the weather starts to get crisp outside, this soup is great to take for lunch all winter long!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb stew meat, cut into small cubes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can white beans, drained and rinsed (cannellini or great northern beans)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cut green beans, don't drain
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, don't drain
- 4 cups beef stock
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot or dutch oven, brown meat in 2 T olive oil. Remove beef and drippings from pot (keep drippings).
- Saute the onions, carrots, and celery in the olive oil and butter. Add potatoes and zucchini, one at a time, cooking each for 2-3 minutes before adding the next. Salt and pepper between each addition, to taste.
- Add white beans, green beans, beef stock, and tomatoes. Cover and cook slowly over low heat for at least 3 hours.