Recipe by Girl from India
This is adapted from a Gulf News cookery book that is the most used book in my collection due to the simplicity and flavour of the recipes it contains.
Top Review by PhilH
This inspired me due to the novelty of pasta yoghurt and spice. However, I have now started tweaking it and due to my appetite for strong flavors I have doubled the G/Masala and cumin, added several chillies, colored with turmuric and top off with a wonderful bought-in yoghurt and mint sauce. This really works but maybe I lost that middle eastern touch somewhere? Next iÂ´m going to add the garlic to the meat that is no longer in my sauce and see where we get to!!
- 500 g elbow macaroni
- 4 onions, finely chopped
- 70 g butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped (cilantro)
- 500 g beef mince
- salt and pepper
- 500 g yoghurt
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the macaroni as per the package instructions.
- Fry the onions in the butter till they are golden brown.
- Add the green chillies and saute.
- Add the spice powders.
- Add the minced beef and fry till brown and cooked.
- Add the coriander leaves and mix well.
- Add the macaroni to this and stir till heated through.
- Mix the yoghurt and garlic together.
- Serve the macaroni in a platter.
- Pour the yoghurt and garlic sauce over it and serve.