Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A simple Beef dish that is wonderful served over noodles or mashed potatoes. This is for the British/Irish section of the tour.
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons horseradish, preferably freshly grated but jarred is fine
- 5 teaspoons half-and-half
- salt and pepper
- Place oil in large frying pan and heat gently until it starts to smoke.
- Add shallots and beef to the pan; increase heat to high and stir constantly.
- When the meat is well browned (four to five minutes) add the horseradish, half and half, salt and pepper.
- Keep stirring until the cream boils; remove from heat and serve over noodles or mashed potatoes.