Recipe by Andy Wold
Source: Taste Tested Recipe from The Lipton Kitchens. www.recipesecrets.com
Top Review by Marieee24
This was EXCELLENT! We enjoyed it very much. And I'm a canner so I had home canned tomatoes. The only thing I did different was I used a 8 oz. can of tomato sauce instead of paste and omitted the water. And I added 1/2 teaspoon sugar, it helps take the bite off tomatoes. And we had it over rice. Thanks for a great dish, it's a keeper!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chuck roast, cut in 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 envelope lipton onion soup mix or 1 envelope lipton beef and onion soup mix
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup water
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- In Dutch oven or heavy saucepan, heat oil and brown garlic until golden; add meat and brown well.
- Stir in onion recipe soup mix, tomato paste, flour, chili powder, oregano, water and tomatoes.
- Bring to boil while stirring, then simmer, covered, 2 to 2-1/2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- If desired, serve with hot, buttered noodles and grated Parmesan cheese.