Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe that calls for beef medallions.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs beef medallions
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 shallots
- 1⁄2 cup cognac
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 -3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons mixed peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Slice 1-1/2 to 2 pounds of beef medallions into rounds, about 3/4-inch thick.
- Chop 2 shallots and 2 large cloves of garlic and transfer to a bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup cognac and 1/2 cup sherry to a hot saucepan and stir in the shallots and garlic.
- Cook mixture over medium heat until mixture is reduced to 1/4 cup.
- Add 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream to a saucepan and bring to a low boil, being careful not to scorch cream.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture is reduced to about 1 cup, stirring constantly.
- Crack 2 teaspoons of mixed peppercorns in a mortar and pestle to a coarse grain.
- Do this in 2 or 3 small batches.
- Add 1-1/2 teaspoons of dry mustard, 2 to 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, 2 tablespoons of coarse grain mustard and 1 tablespoon chopped parsley.
- Add salt and 2 teaspoons cracked peppercorn to taste.
- Season the medallions with salt and pepper.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium high heat in a skillet.
- Add medallions do not crowd the pan.
- Brown medallions on both sides until desired doneness.
- Serve with peppercorn mustard sauce.