1/1 Photo of Beef Medallions with Cognac Sauce
This is another yummy and easy steak recipe. It can be easily doubled or tripled making it perfect for company.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat.
- 2Add shallots and saute about 4 minutes, until tender.
- 3Add brown sugar and cook, stirring, 1 minute more.
- 4Add the chicken and beef broth and the Cognac.
- 5Simmer until sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 20 minutes.
- 6Add cream.
- 7The sauce can be made well in advance, covered and refrigerated or even frozen.
- 8If frozen, thaw before proceeding.
- 9Season steaks.
- 10Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- 11Add the steaks to the skillet and cook to desired doneness.
- 12For medium rare, cook about 4 minutes per side.
- 13Remove steaks from skillet and place on a plate, keep warm.
- 14Add the sauce to the skillet and bring to a boil, scraping up any brown bits left from the steaks.
- 16Slice the steaks and fan the slices on plates.
- 17Top with sauce and chives.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beef Medallions with Cognac Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (590 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 658.3
- Calories from Fat 511
- Total Fat 56.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 172.1 mg
- Sodium 263.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 29.2 g